Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thursday's Menu - Mochiko Chicken

Mochiko Chicken Picture courtesy of Just Jenn

Menu:

Mochiko Chicken
Steamed Short Grain White Rice
Japanese cucumber Namasu.

To see what Mochiko Chicken is just click HERE. She not only gives you a recipe but also shows you how to do it.

My family likes the recipe I use for it but the one above will suffice. Actually, my recipe is similar but I add sesame seeds and minced green onions.

Recipe for Cucumber Namasu:
1 Japanese cucumber seeded and sliced thinly
1 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
Rice Vinegar
Sprinkle with salt and let sit while you fry the chicken pieces
Drain
Add sugar and about one to two tablespoons rice vinegar

2 comments:

Dean said...

Seems someone else is cooking up something new (Yes, that was a bad pun)!

This is great! I'll be visiting every day.

Esther said...

ha ha Dean!
Thank you!