Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tuesday's Menu - Quiche Lorraine

Quiche Lorraine

Since it is Lent, I don't want to go food shopping unless it is absolutely necessary. One of my resolutions is to make do with what I already have in the cupboards and refrigerator.

We had a meat dish last night so tonight I wanted to make something different. We haven't had a quiche in a long time and we had plenty of eggs in the refrigerator as well a partial package of sliced bacon. So I decided on Quiche Lorraine with some modifications.

Menu:
Homemade Quiche Lorraine
Sliced Tomatoes with lemon and oil

I used the recipe for the single pie crust from my Cuisinart booklet. It was the first time I made pastry dough using the food processor and let me tell you, it worked quite well.

The recipe for the quiche I got from our Better Homes and Garden Cook Book. I found a similar recipe online at BH&G if you'd like a more fancier recipe.

Now, like I mentioned, some modifications were made. For instance, I used American cheese instead of the Swiss cheese. It is a small sacrifice for Lent. I also had to cut down on the 6 slices of bacon called in the recipe as we had a little less than that. The quiches are ready and they look and smell scrumptious. I just hope they taste as good as they smell...and look.

5 comments:

Dean said...

It looks almost like a pizza. Very neat. Stupid question , but is it meant to be eaten by hand like a pizza?

Esther said...

Dean, no. I think the best way to eat it is on a plate with a salad accompanying it.

Micki said...

Sounds good...are you going to post the recipes for crust and quiche? Maybe I missed seeing it?

Could you also do me a favor please? On your other site..would you change my Window title to "Holy Cards for your Inspiration?" It's a little more of what it's about. Big Thanks to you.

Micki said...

Oh, forgive me. I just noticed that all I had to do was click on the Better Homes etc. So sorry.

Esther said...

No problem Micki. I should have made it clearer.