Saturday, March 24, 2007

Almond Roca

Almond Roca
Let's see....last night we ate the frozen spinach and mozzarella raviolis from Costco so no menu there. Today, we will be having Take-out Chinese so no menu here either. I thought I would start sharing some of my favorite recipes that I have collected.

Today's recipe comes from one of our Catholic homeschooling moms here in Hawaii. I remember her bringing a batch to share at one of our meetings. It was so ono (delicious)! She was even kind enough to share the recipe. So mahalo to April!

1 lb. butter
2 cups sugar
1 pinch of salt

Boil together till the color of peanut butter (approximately 10 minutes) after it starts boiling, stir constantly.

Pour onto a cookie sheet. Break a large Hersehy Bar (or chocolate chips) and put on top of candy; spread after melted, cover with crushed almonds. Allow it to cool before breaking it apart.
Note: The first time I made it I was impatient so it didn't come out right. It has to be the color of peanut butter for it to be perfect.

No comments: