Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wednesday's Menu - Chinese Fried Rice

Fried Rice

Tonight, I will be making Chinese Fried Rice using Lup Chong instead of fried bacon or Spam. Lup Chong is a dried sweet Chinese sausage usually steamed over cooking rice and served along with the rice. At least that is how my mom and my Chinese grandfather ate it.

Menu:
Chinese Lup Chong Fried Rice
Egg Drop Soup

Recipe:
Fried Rice Recipe:HERE
Note: You can use sliced green onions instead of the peas.

Egg Drop Soup Recipe: HERE
Note: You can add one can of creamed-style corn and chopped chicken gizzards for a variation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you ... I'll have to try this recipe. My husband and I are HUGE fans of Chinese food and our children are starting to enjoy it. My husband's favorite dish is the Fried Rice and he's tried countless times making it but it just didn't taste "right".
Thank you again, and God bless.

Esther said...

You're welcome! BTW, here is the link to a recipe that goes a little more into making fried rice. For example. You want to use cold long grain rice for the best results....one that has sat in your frig for at least 2 days is perfect.
http://chinesefood.about.com/library/weekly/aa022800a.htm
God bless