Thursday, April 12, 2007

Wednesday and Thursday Dinner Plans

The CookYesterday I was not going to be home much so I decided on Oyako Donburi for dinner. All our meat stays frozen until I defrost in the morning for that evening's dinner. Well, I thought I pulled out the bag of chicken thighs but instead much to Joey's disappointment, I mistakenly thawed out the chicken bones i had saved. I ended up making chicken and rice soup for a friend who was sick with a cold and we just had leftovers.

Today, I successfully defrosted the right bag of chicken parts.

I don't know if you do this but here in Hawaii, we are able to buy a 5 lb (at least I think it's 5 lbs) box of chicken thighs on sale for approximately $3.00 or $4.00. They make two dinners for us because I make extra for lunches.

Nothing went to waste. The meat was sliced for the Donburi dish, the skin was cut up into bite size pieces and fried crispy into cracklings. Joey loved it. and the bones went for making broth for later use.

No comments: