Friday, June 1, 2007

NJ Yummies

DD
There are certain favorites that we just can't get in Hawaii. The following are some of what I will make the most of while in New Jersey.

First and foremost, Dunkin' Donuts. In my humble opinion, they beat Krispy Kremes hands down. My favorite, the glazed donut. Second to that is the Boston Creme.

TEM Another taste treat that I don't buy in Hawaii because of the markup price, is Thomas' English Muffin...you know...the one with the nooks and crannies.

EYou have to love the Entenmann's Chocolate Glazed donuts. These are the ones you store in the refrigerator and eat them cold.

TK
Tastykake chocolate cupcakes sure bring back memories when I was a kid. They were such a treat. My dad would take us to the Market Street Spot to pick up new comic book for the week and we would be allowed to pick up our snacks there as well. This one was top on the list. Some of the comic books were Superman (I loved the Bizarro World issues), Archie Comics, Richie Rich, Uncle Creepy and Cousin Eerie, etc. Ah memories...

Also, I think that Northern New Jersey has the best hot bagels and pizzerias.
JHAs for hot dogs, you can't beat the Johnny and Hanges Texas Style Weiners. Well, I like the ones at the original location on River Street. I don't know how they taste in the new location. I really liked the Falls View Texas Style Weiners best. But unfortunately, they went out of business when I was still living here.

BTW. the picture of Johnny and Hanges is from The Hotdog Boys If you are interested in reading just how much some people love this hotdog, visit their site.

Well, that is all I can think of at the moment. I may add more as I think of them.

6 comments:

Barb, sfo said...

YOU WENT TO FALLS VIEW!!!!! In PATERSON???? I loved that place! Did you know it is a Burger King now? NOT the same, not at all.

I'm with you on the Entenmanns chocolate donuts too. They MUST be refrigerated for best flavor.

The Paterson Falls were part of the landscape of my childhood. My grandmother lived about 1 1/2 miles away, and we were 1 1/2 miles away in the other direction.

Thanks for the memories :)

Micki said...

I know I love your site...now I really love your taste buds too. All my favorites.

Esther said...

Barb Yes! I haven't been there in a long time but I think it was a BK when I was there last.

Micki: :-)

catholicandgop said...

Hold on, they don't have Dunkin Donuts in Hawaii? What a crazy would we live in hehe.

Esther said...

Well Sunny, a couple of times, DD franchises would open up. But then they would close after a while. I think the folks prefer Krispy Kreme.

catholicandgop said...

The world has gone mad. LOL.