Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My New Skillet

cast iron skilletWhile on a shopping trip for lunch and dinner ingredients, we happened into a store that sells overstocked stuff. I was looking for a salad spinner but had no luck.

I mentioned to my son that I was looking for a big skillet. I told him the best cookware would be cast iron but that they were not that easy to find. Reason being the popularity of cast iron and the cost. At least that is what I recently read in an article.

Lo and behold I hear "Like this?" There he was holding a large cast iron skillet! The best part was that it was only $8.99! The first new cast iron skillet we bought was over 10 years ago and it was at Sports Authority. I believe it cost us about $20.00 back then.

It has now been seasoned and it is ready for use.

Mahalo Joey!

2 comments:

Kimberly Wasson said...

Cast iron is the greatest! I have a ton of cast iron cookware - skillets in every size, dutch ovens, griddles, fajita pans...even a funny, little muffin pan shaped like miniature ears of corn! BTW...nice food blog! This is my first visit.

Esther said...

Oh, I bought that muffin pan when I lived in NJ. I left it for my mom. I bought this cast iron dutch oven from someone moving for 8.00!!
TY for your kind words. Glad you liked your visit.