Sunday, September 2, 2007

Peach Cobbler Recipe - Updated

Today I watched a video of Wolfgang Puck make his cobbler. The recipe is as follows:
Cherry and Berry Cobbler. I was in awe of the way he did it because he didn't cook the filling beforehand. I had a bag of full of fresh nectarines that a friend had shared with me. I decided to try my usual recipe below using Wolfgang Puck's technique for both the crust and the filling.

I have to tell you, it was so delicious! I will be making my cobblers this way from now on.

Well you know it's summer time when we have more fruit than we can eat, sitting in our refrigerator. Actually, I have a very nice friend who likes to share plums, apples, nectarines and peaches with us. So today I thought I'd better use up some of the peaches and nectarines before they went bad.

This is an easy and tasty version of a cobbler. Enjoy.

Recipe for cobbler topping:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp butter
1 beaten egg
3 tbsp. milk

Mix flour, sugar, and baking powder. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine egg and milk. Add to flour mixture, stirring until moisten.

Peach filling recipe:
In a saucepan combine 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tbsp cornstarch. Add 1/4 cup water. Stir in 4 cups fresh peach slices (I used a combination peach and white nectarine slices). Add a few drops of lemon juice for a little tang. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbling.

Transfer filling to a baking dish and drop topping into 6 mounds on top of hot filling. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into topping comes out clean.

Serves 6.

No comments: