Thursday, September 6, 2007

Tasty BBQ Spare Ribs

On Labor day I finally prepared the spare ribs I bought on sale a couple of weeks ago and had frozen.

I had two large slabs of ribs and when they had eaten the ribs, my family proclaimed it to be the best ribs I had ever made. Wasn't that nice?

What I did was to preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Using the broiler pan, I placed the thawed ribs top side down on the rack. I seasoned both sides of the ribs liberally with McCormick's Montreal steak seasoning. I placed the broiler pan in the oven and let the ribs cook undisturbed for approximately one hour at a low temperature of 300 degrees. I turned the ribs over and let that cook for an additional hour. I then turned off the oven.

Afterwards, I liberally brushed on Kraft's Hickory Honey barbecue sauce (any sweet BBQ sauce will do), returned the pan to the oven. After approximately 15 to 20 minutes, the ribs were ready.

The meat fell apart from the bone and it was still juicy. The smaller ends of the ribs were crispy brown, the way I like it.

I served it with tossed salad, grilled corn on the cob and steamed white rice.

Note: The corn was originally supposed to be boiled/steamed corn on the cob but I forgot to watch it carefully and it burned a bit on one side. Joey said they were so tasty!

No comments: