Saturday, October 27, 2007

Creamy Cabbage Stirfry

I am going through old recipes I have saved. I don't remember where I got the following one. I must have thought it would be tasty though I still have not made it.

CREAMY CABBAGE STIR-FRY

This is another healthy quick meal that will be a family pleaser. If you like cabbage more crisp, cook for the lesser amount of time. Ground turkey works best in this recipe. This recipe is also a good choice for a diabetic menu.

4 ounces uncooked egg noodles (eggless) (about 3 cups
dry)
1 pound extra lean ground turkey or beef (7% fat)
1 medium onion, chopped, about 1 1/2 cups
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 can (10 ounces) reduced-fat cream of celery soup*
4 cups chopped cabbage (about 10 ounces)

Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.

Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Brown ground meat with onion and seasonings. Add cream soup and mix well. Add cabbage and reduce heat to low.
Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until cabbage is cooked to your liking. Add cooked noodles and mix well.

No comments: