Thursday, October 25, 2007

Padre Pio Bread - Hemin Bread

At the homeschooling field trip yesterday, one of the moms offered me a Padre Pio bread starter. It is called Hemin Bread. Which I accepted. My mom in NJ was given some by my sister and she took it too.

Now, we are supposed to follow a different instruction per day for 10 days and then the dough is ready to be divided up into 4 parts, three of which are supposed to be given away, etc, etc.

That part sounded a bit on the brink of being superstitious so I skipped 9 days of instructions and baked the bread today. I had to guess at the added ingredient measurements though because I wasn't going to give three parts away.

I ended up adding 1 cup of flour, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 tbsp. baking powder, pinch of salt, 1/4 cup oil, and approximately 3/4 cups milk. I poured the batter into a greased loaf pan. It baked at 325 degrees for 1/2 hour. I then shut the oven off and let it sit there until it was time to eat.

It was delicious! The taste is between a yeast bread and a quick bread/cake.

It is all gone.

I found the following at the EWTN QUESTIONS & ANSWERS SITE

No comments: