Sunday, November 18, 2007

Marinated Cornish Game Hens

I bought two packages or 4 game hens on sale the other day. Usually, I don't like to make these little chicken-tasting birds because I find them to be a bit boring. However, today, I thought I would jazz them up a bit with the following marinate:

Recipe:

1 whole head of garlic (peeled)
Juice of two large limes
Fresh sage and oregano
Salt and pepper to taste (I used tbsp of salt)
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil

Using the food processor blend until well blended.

Cornish Game Hens:

4 game hens (split down the middle)

Place in a large bowl or baking dish. Pour the marinate over all pieces, making sure to coat evenly. Cover and let sit in refrigerator for at least 3 or 4 hours.

Preheat oven at 350 degrees until very hot. Place hens on a roasting or baking pan.

Place in hot oven and turn over when that side is evenly browned. When both sides are browned. Turn off oven. Approximately 45 to 1 hour.

Serve with sauteed mushrooms, steamed white rice and tossed salad.

No comments: