Sunday, December 2, 2007

Pumpkin Bread

pumpkin bread
There are freezer bags full of pumpkin chunks and puree sitting in our freezer. With Christmas and other special occasions coming up, I thought this was a good day to start emptying out the freezer. So today I made pumpkin bread. I got my recipe from my Better Homes and Garden cookbook. As usual, I found a similar recipe on the internet. Why type when I can just link ;-)

Simply Recipe - Pumpkin Bread

We've never had pumpkin bread before. I believe the only quick breads I bake are corn bread or banana bread....maybe cranberry nut bread once. Well, my family and I loved the flavor and texture of this delicious bread! I doubled the recipe and I also substituted Pumpkin Pie spice for the spices called for in the recipe. Keep in mind that our son does not like pumpkin pie. But he loved this bread.

No comments: