Friday, June 6, 2008

Apple Turnovers Using Phyllo Dough

Phyllo DoughPicture source here

My mom and I went to Corrado's today. She stocked up on a cart full of good stuff like all kinds of fruits and veggies (Granny Smith apples, artichokes, eggplants, Italian yellow Squash, romaine lettuce, limes, grapes, shitake mushrooms, white mushrooms, etc.) We also found the oiled cured dried black olives, fresh mozzarella, Panettone and Phyllo dough.

I found an easy recipe for apple turnovers using phyllo dough here.

I did make a couple of changes. I used real melted butter instead of butter flavored Pam and I will be glazing them with an icing instead of the cinnamon sugar sprinkling on top. One, more thing, I didn't use nutmeg.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would like the recipe for Apple Turnovers using Phyllo Dough

Esther G. said...

http://www.masterstech-home.com/The_Kitchen/Recipes/Breads_Cake_Pie_Recipes/Pie_&_Pastry_Recipes/AppleTurnovers.html

The link is also in the blog post under "here".