Our favorite cooking padre has some good tips on keeping one's family close through the family meals.
Source: Grace Before Meals Movement
Feeling overworked, over scheduled or overly tired? Take some time out and enjoy a meal with friends or family members. This simple act can help you recharge and reconnect with the people who matter the most to you. Here are a few ways you can incorporate the GBM philosophy into your daily life:My family and I do try to eat our meals together at dinner time every night. It is a rare evening when we do not eat together. During the week, our son and I eat lunch together. We do watch a sit com like I Love Lucy during that short time. Sometimes he or I will just want to spend the time sharing.
* Eat meals with my family five days per week (or as many as possible).
* Engage the family in conversation while preparing meals.
* Say Grace before each meal.
* Turn off the TV while eating dinner.
* Introduce interesting topics for the family to discuss at mealtime.
* Tell Friends and Family about the Grace Before Meals Movement.