Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Chinese Fried Rice


Recipe:

Cold cooked rice made from 2 cups long grained rice
1/2 can of SPAM, cut into small squares -or- 6 slices of bacon -or- combination: fry until brown and crispy but be careful not to burn
4 eggs, scrambled
1/2 cup minced green onions
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
Salt, white pepper and MSG (optional) to taste

Heat a wok or large skillet.  Add approximately 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.  Add the rice and fry until rice is hot.  Add the browned meat, eggs, peas and stir quickly. 

Finally, season with salt and white pepper. 
Garnish with green onions.

4 comments:

cassandrasmom said...

I can't wait to try this I love Spam

Esther G. said...

:-) BTW, I've added your blog.

Kathleen's Catholic said...

It's been a little while since I last visited. I need to stop by more often! The egg drop soup looks great--and I have all the ingredients in the fridge. I just made fresh chicken stock from a free-range chicken yesterday. Thanks for the recipe!

Esther G. said...

Kathleen, if you make it with that broth, I'm sure your soup will be very delicious!