Friday, April 30, 2010

Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon

I finally did it.  I finally attempted to make Boeuf Bourguignon.  Not only did I try to make it, I used Julie Chef's recipe!  I think I followed it pretty well, considering I am known for taking shortcuts when possible.  I did have to modify the recipe a bit because I am still using most of the ingredient that can be found in refrigerator or pantry.

I used my Julia Child cookbook I bought at the library's book sale for about a dollar.  It contains recipes from her old television show.  This cookbook contained her famous recipe for Boeuf Bourguignon.

I also found the recipe online and I will be sharing it here with you:

Knopf Doubleday's Julia Child's Boef Bourguignon Recipe

The two modifications are as follows:

I used Merlot wine.

I used baby portobello mushrooms.

The smell that was filling our home on Sunday when I made it was incredible! It took a long time to prepare and to slowly cook in the oven. But it was worth it!

We ate this dish with buttered noodles and romaine lettuce hearts and radishes

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

That looks sooo good!

Esther G. said...

Thanks. It did come out pretty nicely.