Thursday, April 14, 2011

Passover Recipes for the Seder Meal

Picture source

Our Jewish brothers and sisters will be celebrating Passover on April 19th. Thanks to Foodista, I found recipes for some of my favorites:

Potato Latkes - traditionally served during Hanukkah

Matzo Ball Soup

Roasted Beef Brisket

There is also a recipe for Gefilte Fish Dip. But maybe I should try Gefilte fish first. Somehow, this dish has never appealed to me. Who knows, I may end up liking it after all.
NY Archbishop Timothy Doland celebrating at a Passover Seder
Picture source

Our parish will be celebrating with a Seder meal this Saturday.  It has become an annual traditional for our church.  It seems more and more Catholic parishes want to remember our Jewish roots by having a Seder meal.  Does your parish do this?   I know there is a controversy on whether or not Catholic/Christians should do this. 

I found a guideline for family observances for the Seder Meal over at Catholic Culture.

No comments: