Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Taste of New Jersey - Carbonara


There is one place that I must visit when I am in New Jersey. I think I may have mentioned this remarkable market here before. It is Corrado'Family Market. It is at Corrados's that we buy the fresh mozzarella, olives and Panettone and many other Italian products plus fresh produce and meat.  It is also were I buy pancetta to bring back with me.


I brought back about a pound of pancetta for the sole purpose of making carbonara. The recipe I use is one I found on the internet last year.  I made this dish for my family in New Jersey and we all loved it!  It is one of the best recipes I have found for this classic Italian dish.


Spaghetti ala Carbonara recipe here.


I would have loved to have made it with homemade pasta but unfortunately hunger hit before I even thought of making the dish.  Even though making this dish eventually had been in the plans all along.   I used store bought pasta and I must say it was just as good!  After all, how can one go wrong with bacon, cheese, eggs and pasta.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love pasta! Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Alexandra said...

Yum! My husband's favorite dish.

Esther G. said...

YW Heather!
Alexandra, I'd love to know how you make it.