Monday, February 13, 2012

Roasted Fennel and Baby Potatoes

Beautiful green tops from the fennel bulb in the background

My friend generously shared a fennel bulb and leaves with me. I had also harvested green beans and baby potatoes from my own garden plot.  I thought I would roasted these vegetables together.  The following is the simple recipe for a delicious vegetarian meal or vegetable side dish.

Recipe:

1 medium to large fennel bulb, washed well to make sure all dirt is removed from the bulb
10 baby potatoes, washed and scrubbed but not peeled
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1 cup sliced fresh green beans
2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Sprinkling of either red wine vinegar or lemon juice
Red pepper flakes or pinch of Cayenne Pepper (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 to 375 degrees. I actually used the toaster oven for this dish. Mix all ingredients except for the last two ingredients, together in a Pyrex dish or any oven proof casserole dish. Blend well. Roast in hot oven for approximately 20 minutes to 30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked. Remove from heat and add the remaining two ingredients. Serve either hot or cold.

No comments: