Friday, March 2, 2012

Lenten Meal Idea: Salmon Mushroom Yogurt Pasta


This evening I made a variation on the tuna and noodle casserole dish which my family usually eats during Lent.

Recipe:

1 large can salmon, drained
1 can mushroom soup
1 can low fat milk
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
1 small bag frozen French cut green beans, thawed and drained
1 lb. pasta of your choice, cooked al dente and drained (I used Rotelle)
1 small onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large saucepan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic and onion. Cook until onion is translucent. Add the salmon and break up until flaky. Add the Cayenne Pepper, mushroom soup, milk, yogurt, green beans. Cook over low medium heat until bubbly. Season to taste. Add to the drained cooked pasta and toss well. Serve immediately

Serves 6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your website. It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme? Superb work!
Also visit my blog post ... Tuna Pasta Bake